International Baseball League Jobs
» Future Notification Only - International League (Various Locations, XX)
Indianapolis Indians: Job Description
Job Title: Facilities Assistant Status: Internship
Reports To: Director of Facilities FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Facilities Effective: March 2016
Provide high level of support for the entire Indians Facilities Department.
· Assist with all aspects for the maintenance and repairs to Victory Field. This will include, but is not limited to, mechanical, structural, electrical and plumbing systems.
· Assist with the preventative maintenance program for all of Victory Field’s systems
· Help coordinate all stadium signage copy production and installation
· Assist with all stadium operations equipment maintenance and repair (washers, floor scrubbers, blowers, etc.)
· Maintain a positive working relationship with all other departments
· Help ensure that all projects are completed in a safe manner according to OSHA regulations
· Provide great assistance to Facility Management team on a consistent basis
· Provide assistance with Safety plan changes and implementation
· Read & interpret blueprints, diagrams & schedules
· Other duties as assigned
High school graduate or equivalent. Graduated or currently enrolled in post-secondary school
Skills & Abilities:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
MS Office experience
Ability to multitask in a stressful environment
Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Ability to remain standing for long periods of time and to walk long distances
Coachable, willing and able to learn quickly
Dates: May 2016- September 30, 2016
Hours: 30-40 hours per week, nights and weekends a possibility
Compensation: $8.00 per hour
About the Indianapolis Indians
The Indianapolis Indians are the professional Triple-A baseball club affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates, and have been in continuous operation since 1902. The Indians play their home games at Victory Field in downtown Indianapolis, a 14,200-seat ballpark opened in 1996 that has received numerous national accolades as one of the best minor league stadiums in the United States. The Indians’ front office was named one of The Best Places to Work in Indiana by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce in 2014 and 2015. In 2015, the Indians set a Victory Field attendance record by welcoming 662,536 fans, and two seasons earlier led all of Minor League Baseball in overall attendance on their way to being presented with Baseball America's 2013 Triple-A Bob Freitas Award for the best overall operations at the Triple-A level. The mission is to provide Indians baseball at Victory Field as affordable and memorable family fun. Click here for an in-depth overview of the 2015 Victory Field Experience.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future for the International League and it's Teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you notifications.
Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ